Monday, December 1, 2008

Crochet and Embroidery

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We finished up on the leftovers yesterday. I need to really get out of my zone and go shopping. I really am a hermit. I made this sweet little cuff a few days ago. It will be going in the store. It's been a long time since I have done any embroidery work and I must say it was fun. For those of you following the reconstruction, I had a little set back and need to do some seam ripping. I cut up the arms of the sleeves with the intent of inserting another part of a sleeve from another shirt. It was a flop, so I will be working on that today to fix it. I have also started a new blog called My Spirit Cloth Journal

7 comments:

Susan December 1, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

This cuff is beautiful. It reminds me of the lovely things in Sherri Haab's book, Felt, Fabric and Fiber Jewelry. Do you have it? Good luck with the new blog. Take care. Susan

Kaerie Faerie December 1, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

Soo Soo beautiful, love anything vintage. Haven't heard from you in awhile, hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Take Care
Karey

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn December 2, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Oooh..a new blog! Will be checking it immediately after this! Love the cuff. You are so multi faceted! Your payment cleared, so I was able to print a shipping label and send your little pendant out today! That and a little something else!

Stefania Morgante December 3, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

I find you on the Radzat's blog, amd now I follow your blog, ciao from italy, Stef

Rosebud Collection December 8, 2008 at 4:29 AM  

Checking in..The cuff is beautiful. What work you did, wonderful..will be checking the other blog too..

nancye williams December 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Thank you Kim.I love making the babies. The book was work and I was really afraid to put it out there. We'll see. Pray for me!
nancye

nancye williams December 10, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

Hey Kim,
Have you heard of the Fairy Society?
go to my blog and check it out. Right under the counter is a link.